BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Vegas Vacation - in August

So, back in April, while I was still blissfully employed and was making wonderful money (I've since been unemployed since June and living a life of a recluse, a la, Grey Gardens), I decided to surprise Sue for Mother's Day and take her to Vegas to see La Britney.  I thought it would be fun to go see her since we've been talking about going since she announced her Planet Hollywood residency. So, I booked tickets, flights and a room and off we went....  In August, aka, Hell's 4th circle inner ring.

We flew Spirit Airlines - and though most people complain about Spirit - I paid extra so we could have the front row seats and for us to check baggage - and it was fabulous.  The flight attendants love their jobs and are apparently the most high paid in the industry.  Who knew?

Anyway, off we went.    First stop:  Margaritas (by the pitcher) @Border Grill



If any of you watch the Real Housewives - you would know that this is Susan Feniger's restaurant out of the OC.  So OBVIOUSLY we had to go there.  (Stop rolling your eyes).

We ate some amazing food!


Nobu @Caesar's Palace

I know you were wondering, and the answer is YES - I did take this with a Selfie Stick. In the restaurant. At the table.  Sue was embarrassed but my theory in life when traveling since I was a twee girl has always been - WE ARE NEVER GOING TO SEE THESE PEOPLE AGAIN SO WHO CARES!


Aureole (not to be confused with a nipple)  

THEY HAD A WINE ANGEL who would retrieve your bottle.  It was more exciting in theory than in person - and the food was seriously lackluster.  Would rather have gone back and had more margaritas, but that's who I am to the core - chips and salsa til I die.

The next day we meandered down to the Venetian to have lunch with Mere Bear.  On the way:


La Tour Eiffel, a la Vegas

We passed by this Eiffel Tower replica.  It was exactly like being in Paris - except completely the opposite.  The Vegas version includes prostitutes and their pimps handing out their calling cards on the sidewalks at 10am.  So romantic - just like the Champs Elysses.

Best meal we had was Thomas Keller's Bouchon - in the Venetian



They served Mumm in their mimosas.  Need I say more?

So finally we made it to the concert.



My only regret was not getting a photo of the two gay gentlemen next to me from Slovenia who were DIE HARD Britney fans.  One was wearing a fake python around his neck.  It made me feel so underdressed.


Britney was mesmerizing.  Fabulous.  Amazing.  On fleek (as the kids say).

The trip was lots of fun.  We saw Brit Brit, ate some great food, saw a friend who I miss severely and Sue even got a major purchase - a Chanel Boy bag.  I was so jealous but then realized that I'll get it when she dies. I made her swear not to leave it to my niece (her granddaughter).  She'd better not. I'd be so PISSED!  We decided our next jaunt will be to Charleston/Savannah.  What are the best things about those places?  I need to start researching!

0 comments: