BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scott Baio Sighting (53 and Still Single)

One of my favorite hangouts in the world is known as the ever classy Tiki Tavern (not to be confused with the Tiki Bar). When a person steps through those doors on a Friday evening, they should have already prepared themselves for some sort of show. If not a drag queen who calls herself 'LaTina Turner', then the antics of Jim Pittman (the karaoke ringleader) are enough entertainment for the weekend.

This Friday I met these friends there:



(I hung out with the two humans, not the dog). So as we are sitting there amongst the regulars, John and Rex Rupert, in walks the spitting image of Scott Baio:


(I apologize for the blurriness and the bright light... I wasn't using a flash for nonchalant purposes, folks). For most of the evening, I only had the back view. It wasn't until he had a few drinks that I got this:


He was getting very handsy/feelsy with this lady in the pink. At this point, he had a Javier Bardem thing going on. For the rest of the evening, Claire, Eric and myself watched the show. There was butt grabbing, making out and I'm pretty sure there was a lesbian who was waiting in the wings getting very, very jealous. At one point, Scott Baio was petting the hair of said lesbian and Claire and I were caught laughing. So, lady in the pink comes over to me and says and I quote:

"Never in your life have you had a man touch you as gentle as he does." Wow. Necessary? So, she continues unwelcomed and tells me a story of how last weekend some girls came up to herself and Scott and asked if he was the guy on Myspace who is all in spandex. (I'm thinking WHAT?!?!?!?!? the whole time.) So, over the course of this 'pow-wow' with "Lady In Pink" I learned that Scott was 53 and according to her, had 'Abs of Steel' and his real name was Philip. Too much information.

Well after I had my fill of people watching, John and Rex took me home. As soon as I stepped through the threshold, I got on Myspace of course. Behold:

http://www.myspace.com/365363201

Just a little teaser:




You are welcome, Shreveport. You are welcome.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh you have summed up the night perfectly! I am laughing out loud reading this. The photos are amazing; i love the face to face embrace!!

Laury said...

WOW.
Thanks for sharing.
That is unbelievable.

Unknown said...

Disturbing!! Who let these people in? If we pool all of our money together maybe we can hire a bouncer for Tiki.

Kate said...

Awww LJ. If we screened Tiki's clientel, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

Jamie said...

I'm SOOOO partaking in Tiki. The things I've been missing! Shame. Shame.

Dara M. said...

good lord kate! that is awful!

Kate said...

Dara- Tell me about it!!!!

The Dre said...

Oh Em Gee! This is what I miss about not working with you!