BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Things You Don't Expect To Go Awry

This afternoon while at work and enjoying my 48th game of Solitaire for the day (it's harder than it looks, folks), I was listening to my Pandora. If you haven't heard of Pandora.com, you should quickly open a new tab and check that out. It's internet radio where you can put in an artist and it will play that artist along with artists who are similar or have similar musical qualities. You have the option to "Thumbs Up" songs if you like them or "Thumbs Down" if you think they are crap (careful, you can only "Thumbs Down" so many things in an hour, or you get punished and are forced to listen to stuff you don't like.... which is bullcrap, but whatever).


Well after the victory that was getting U2 tickets, clearly U2 is my artist of choice for the week. Mostly Pandora plays songs relating to them such as Goo Goo Dolls, Wallflowers, The Police (Thumbs Way Up), The Cure, etc. while on this station. Today, all of a sudden, out of NOWHERE, Big and Rich's "Save a Horse, Ride A Cowboy" comes on. I'm dumbfounded as to what I should even say here. But really? Why, Pandora, why?




YUCK!!!!! The only conclusion that I have come up with regarding this mishap is that Pandora was testing me. Testing me to see if I would immediately "Thumbs Down" it. Which, I did of course. It was just bizarre. (Wendy, the psychic masseuse at Mansfield Studios, would probably classify this as the Sun is in Jupiter's orbit or something, but I'm still at a loss for words).

0 comments: