BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Beyonce: Hustler?


I wonder when Beyonce decided to become the next Webster (of the dictionary sect). I heard a song of hers on the radio recently ('Diva') and thought to self, hmmmm... 'This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.'

In the lyrics she proclaims: "A diva is a female version of a hustler." And then repeats it over and over again to the dismay of my hearing... I wonder where she comes up with her logic.

According to dictionary.com, a diva is:

noun
1. a distinguished female singer; prima donna.

And a hustler is:

noun

1.an enterprising person determined to succeed; go-getter.
2.Slang. a person who employs fraudulent or unscrupulous methods to obtain money; swindler.
3.Informal. an expert gambler or game player who seeks out challengers, esp. unsuspecting amateur ones, in order to win money from them: He earned his living as a pool hustler.
4.Slang. a prostitute.
5.a person who hustles.

I guess if I were as rich and famous as her that I would feel entitled to make up definitions for words and then sing about them too. Sigh... I wonder when the last time Beyonce went to market, bought a bunch of fake Louis Vuitton's and sold them on a markup out of her trunk?

0 comments: