BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gunmetal Grey (or Gray)

Pretty much most of my life I have opted out of nail color. Not because I think it's trashy or anything, but because I have super fair skin and GIGANTIC nail beds. So, if I were to paint my nails, it would look like various colored pumpkinseeds had attacked my fingers. Well, last night, Nancy and I had a nail-painting party while we watched Ricki Lake's Charm School. (For the record, I have spent the last 5-7 years of my life avoiding getting sucked into those trashy shows that only have shock value, but alas, I have finally been sucked in. First by Paris and Onch, now by Bubbles and Risky.)

Anyway, Nancy was going on about all 47 different types of red nail polish she has, when she mentions: "Oh my gosh, I have the most awesome Gunmetal Grey/Gray!" I reply "Okay, let me see." So she pulls it out and it's a really awesome color. I think to self, I think I'm going to paint my fingers and toes with this grey/gray and see what people say. So this is how I did:




I don't think it looks too terribly bad, but I've also only seen two people today. They didn't notice. Also, the right hand is considerably worse than the left due to me not being ambidextrous. I can't wait to see what John says. He will most likely make a Twilight/Ska/Heads/Goth reference. Nancy has polish remover on standby.

6 comments:

Stephanie Jordan said...

hummm .... is it OK if I don't like it? It's really no big deal, this opinion of mine. You have to take into account that for one entire winter, I painted my fingernails black.

Kate said...

Oh it's totally okay if you don't like it. I'm not completely sold on it myself. I feel weird.

Jamie said...

I hate it. Word.

Cari said...

It kind of looks like you slammed every single one of your fingers in the car door or something. But, thanks for asking.

Kate said...

Yeah, the general concensus was that it looks like crap.

Always have trial and error people, always.

PeterParis said...

I prefer natural finger and toe nails! I'm sure you look better without the paint! :-)