BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Time I Almost Crapped My Pants

Back whenever I was a VIP in the film industry, I had, perhaps the most important meeting of my career. Important at least to a 25 year old girl who was addicted to Perez Hilton. I got the call that a film titled "Three Stories About Joan" was going to be filming in Shreveport and that we got the job to do the extras on it. Neat, I thought... but ugh, what a drag. I hope this doesn't royally suck because it's more work to have extras as minors because of all of the extra paperwork (labor permits, video releases, etc.) that is involved. Not to mention, STAGE PARENTS ARE ANNOYING!!!!

The silver lining to this story is that I was told that I, along with two of my other co-workers, were to have a one-on-one (or one-on-three) meeting with this person:


Bruce Willis (or Bruise) as I affectionately called him behind his back, was the director/star of said movie!!! So Ryan, Jay and myself cruise over to Stageworks for our meeting. I was so nervous I thought I might crap my pants, but alas, I held it together. I wore something professional that day (instead of fat jeans, tshirt, tennis shoes) and put on makeup for my big meeting. We get there and are all smooshed on a love seat and waiting for Bruise to arrive.

Finally he walks in. Now, I don't know if he was on the nose-candy or if he was wired on Starbucks, but he was about to jump out of his skin with energy. He was nearly bouncing off the walls. Pacing back and forth. Interrupting us when we were talking and then shouting at a PA to get him a Venti blah blah blah from Starbucks ASAP. I was a little taken aback. Yet completely MESMERIZED... I was in a meeting with BRUCE WILLIS. That doesn't happen in real life.

Now for what you all want to know. Yes, he was just as attractive in person as he is on screen. He has a firm handshake and said "Hi, I'm Bruce, nice to meet you." Very polite. A little smaller as in thinner and shorter than you would imagine. I guess I'm used to guys his age having potbellies, but his was definitely flat. Washboard? Maybe, maybe not, but definitely flat. No, I didn't get a photo with him (I was being professional and cool, remember) or an autograph, but the mental image that I have in my head is good enough, right? Maybe.. maybe not.

So, long story short, we had our meeting and he left to meet up with his girlfriend at the time, who is now his wife, yes she was beautiful, and then that was the last I saw of Bruise. The movie was cancelled because shortly thereafter that meeting the economy, like, collapsed or something. Bruise pulled out of the project, Owen Wilson did as well... and then finally Camilla Belle. No money or stars, no movie. Oh well. At least I didn't have to get all that paperwork together, or crap my pants.

6 comments:

Betsy St. Amant said...

LOL!!! Love it

melissa said...

haha! and nice new pic to the right! Man, that was a looooooong time ago!

PeterParis said...

You discovered my blog ... and I discover yours. Will be back for further reading soon! Never met George Clooney? :-)

Kate said...

Mel- that was from the very first time we ever hung out! At KingPinz no less on the patio.

Sigh.

Tracy said...

Wow! That's awesome that you met Bruce Willis! I don't know if I would have been able to hold my compusure and not ask for a picture like you did. :)

Hillary said...

hahaha fat jeans....I so understand.